Thursday, August 26, 2010

Feeling Munchy

Today has been a munchy kind of day. Not the healthiest either. Blah. I had big plans to take the boys to the park this evening. I was even going to break out the jogging stroller and everything! My middle boy has said all day that he doesn't feel well. If you know the middle, then you know how very busy he is. He could not keep up with himself today! So I knew the park plans were not gonna happen. As for the munchies, when I got to work this morning, there was a breakfast casserole! I love casseroles and I am a big fan of all things breakfast. I couldn't pass up a square considering someone went through the effort of making it and sharing it with me. I had to use my good manners. Anyway, later on I had some light yogurt. I've been on a yogurt kick lately. I'm trying to figure out what yogurt is best for me in the long run. All the lowfat, flavored yogurt has artificial sweeteners in it. I am trying to cut back because I consume a mucho amount of artificial sweeteners...and high fructose corn syrup too. I've tried the Greek Yogurts. Lots of good protein in those but a very thick texture, almost like fruity sour cream. I love sour cream so I don't mind the texture.

Yummmm.
Anyway, while still at work, a friend had gotten a Papa John's pizza. It smelled so good...I love me some Papa's. Once again, I was offered a piece and I just can't say no, to anyone, ever, especially when it involves pizza. Jennifer is to pizza as Homer Simpson is to donuts. Mmmm...Pizza. Just one piece though. I have some control. Maybe.
I haven't eaten too bad since then, just nothing nutritionally beneficial either. Thank goodness tomorrow is another day. I will be adding some new foods to my diet soon. I plan on eating more oatmeal. Not the instant packages, just the plain, old-fashioned, boring oats. I hope to jazz it up with some new nut butters. The Peter Pan Honey-Roasted Peanut Butter is fanfreakintastic...but probably not the best for me. I also need to desperately add more fruits and veggies to my life, pronto. I feel so much better when I do. I'm just the worst about buying them and then letting them rot. It's almost like I want to collect them in my crisper and keep them there forever. It's like that show about Hoarders but it just involves the fridge. MTV Cribs would not want to look in there. Ask my hubby. He gets a tad angry and throws rotten tomatoes at me! Not really, but I bet he's wanted to.
Anyway, I don't know if we have that many readers yet, but if you made it this far...what are some of your favorite healthy foods?

2 comments:

  1. LOL at throwing rotten tomatoes at you! hahaha!! I pictured Wizard of Oz where the trees are throwing apples at them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Currently, my absolute favorite snack is cottage cheese and fruit...mmmmm, so good!

    ReplyDelete