Thursday, August 26, 2010

I love me

Little inside joke with my sis about the title of this blog. Anyway, I thought I would share a bit about my life and where I came from and where I am now. I KNOW my one follower is interested! ;) I have never really sat down and described my fam before and I'm excited about it. This may turn out to be a few separate blogs. Ha! We didn't grow up with tons of money or anything like that. I remember asking my Meemaw one day if we were rich and she said, "Well I don't know about all that but I do know we are rich in love." Boy was she right. I wouldn't change my childhood for nothing! Such good memories. I'm glad we weren't rich cause I wouldn't be who I am today. I could give a crap about materialistic things...well most of the time. :) Let me just tell you about my parents. They are not the same people they were when they fell in love. Jesus saved them and I'm so grateful. I grew up baptist. Loved our church and made lifetime friendships there. So did my parents and my sister. It's where I met my love. That church did so much for me. I went through my dumb teenage phases there and I matured there. The church we go to now is a bit different but we love it! Growing up baptist you would hardly see a hand raised in church. Back to my parents. One Sunday service Michael and I walked in late while the music was still going. Right when we walked in I saw my dad on the back row...worshiping. Raising his hands to the merciful God that changed his life from what it was 30 or so years ago. I had never seen my dad raise his hands in worship. Some people get caught up worshiping the worship rather than the God who is to be praised. I'll be the first to admit that I am guilty of that. That day I saw my daddy, like the verse says in John 4, worship in spirit and in truth. He has been set free. I'm so proud to call him my daddy. I'm proud of who he is as a husband to my Mama and who is as a daddy to me and my sister and who he is to his son in laws and who he is to his grandkids and future grandkids. But most importantly I'm so proud of who he is and who he has become in Christ. My daddy is a logical man. He could have chosen the life of a non-believer because he is the kind of person who needs things to make sense and he wants proof. He chose faith and faith chose him. Praise God! I look up to my daddy and I hope he knows how MUCH I love him and need him in my life. He is a great example to me. My mom has come a long way as well. She and I are a lot alike. I get my OCDness from her(or from her daddy). I eat lunch with her everyday and I hope she realizes she helps me through my days. We like a lot of the same music. Praise and worship mainly. :) My mom would do ANYTHING for me. I can always count on her. When my hubby and I were sick with a stomach bug not too long ago she was taking care of my sick Papa. She took the time out to leave him for a bit just to bring us chicken noodle soup, popsickles, and gatorade. Love her. She has always encouraged me and steered me in the right direction. I trust my Mama with anything. Then there is my sister my friend.(little inside joke there as well) Let me just say we HATED each other growing up. She mainly hated me cause I was the annoying little sister. We are seven years apart. We didn't become friends until she got married and moved out. Now we are best friends and JUST alike. I'm grateful for the relationship we have now. I always know there will be several belly laughs when we get together. I hope she knows that I love her and STILL look up to her. She has taught me a lot about motherhood and I hope I will be able to enjoy that sooner than later. Then there was Mikey. My one and only. I seriously don't think anyone else could put up with my shenanigans. Our love grew pretty quickly. We said I love you after two weeks. This November we will have been together for SEVEN years! Wow! We just hit our two year wedding anniversary. He is such a blessing and I can't imagine my life without him. He's a good little balance for my high maintenance self. One of the first things he did when we got to know each other was make me laugh. I mean hard. We still laugh and I hope that lasts as long as our marriage does. :) I pray for him daily. I hope he feels those prayers. I'm not a perfect wife but I always try and life him up. That's so important people. I'm excited to see what the future holds. 2011 is going to be a good year for us. :) Well, I think that is about all I'm going to be able to write tonight. I'm going to have to write about other folks in another blog soon. Hope you guys enjoyed. I did. I like to think about all the love that surrounds me. Sorry if I'm a little scattered. It's late. Peace.

1 comment: