Tuesday, August 24, 2010

By : Jenn

This is my third attempt at starting a blog. I have been wanting to revamp my old one for a while now. My old one had a measly two posts, so don't think you were missing anything. Anyway, I wanted to gear a new blog more towards my attempts at a healthy lifestyle and all that is included in that. I just couldn't come up with a catchy name. This morning, while I was at the gym, I spent my whole time on the ellipticle thinking about a catchy name. Nothing. I had remembered my sister mentioned on facebook that she wanted to start a blog. Well, growing up, one of her nicknames was Juicy...sounds like Julie, her real name. Then it hit me that we could contribute together and call it Jenn and Juice. Isn't that hilarious???
This blog should cover a wide, random variety of topics. Being 7 years apart, we are in two different places in our lives. I've been married for 10 years and have 3 children. The Juice has been married 2 years and has 2 dog babies. I'll let her tell you more about herself in her posts. We are very different but very much the same and we think we are extremely funny. Maybe you will too...or not...but that's ok. We'll laugh at each other.
I do want to do a quick post about my attempt at a healthier lifestyle. I'm not really dieting but trying to incorporate healthier foods into our menus. Let me show you some examples from today.
For breakfast:

That is an egg on a whole grain english muffin. The green stuff is some guacamole, which is fabulous! I never liked guacamole until I was pregnant with my third child and I have continued my love affair with the stuff. I'm trying to consume a little more of what people consider "good fats". It is a very satisfying breakfast, especially post workout. Speaking of workout: I worked out for the first time in about a month yesterday. Before my hiatus I had been running and was building up to 4 miles. Yesterday, I did a mile and my body was somewhat confused.It had gotten used to not having to exhert itself too much! I also did some intervals on the elliptical machine which is my favorite thing to do. I'm excited about starting back. I'll discuss working out more in another post. One last thing,I do have a picture of dinner last night too:

My husband is not a big crockpot fan but he just has to deal. It is just necessary sometimes! So, this is Italian Chicken cooked in the crockpot (2.5 pounds of chicken, 2 cans diced tomatoes, 1 packet Slowcooker Italian Chicken Seasoning, and a jar of sliced mushrooms). I also added steamed broccoli and some long grain and wild rice. Not too shabby! All in all it was a decently healthy day. I did have some cookies at a little party I went to last night. Like I said though, this is not an attempt at dieting, just to add in more good than bad. A girl needs her cookies sometimes!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, you two are the cutest!!! Love the title and love that ya'll are doing this together!!!!

    ReplyDelete