Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Never, Never, Never Shake a Baby

I thought this past Saturday would have been a great day for an outdoor fitness adventure. I have 3 boys- 8, 6, and 8 months. I really have to fit things in when I can. Some days I get it in, some days I don't. I try not to stress about it. On this lovely Saturday though, the oldest boys were at my parents and it was just me and the baby. I figured this would be an ideal time to get the jogging stroller out. We drove down the road a bit to a shady, side-walk lined neighborhood. I was pumped because I knew I was going to get a great workout running and pushing a 20 pound baby in a stroller! After a warm-up walk I started to run and after a few steps the stroller began to shake. Weird. Must have hit a stick or something. Let's go. Again, after a few steps it began to shake again. OK. Maybe this sidewalk is too uneven. One more time. Same thing happened! Ugh. The tires didn't look flat. I was somewhat disappointed because I knew I was feeling good. I decided I would briskly walk the rest of the way back and then try to run on the track at the stadium where I was parked. That was about a mile and a half. Moving is better than not moving so I was ok with that. Once I got to the track I thought I could run another mile on the smooth pavement. The dang stroller did the same thing and shook the baby like a polaroid picture. I am anti-shaking babies so I knew I had to just let it go. Just walk another mile. We'll add some air to the tires and see if that helps. I am not giving up on that stroller. With fall around the corner it will be a great workout and the baby really seems to enjoy it.
I might even sign up for a race and do it with my running buddy!










Before I left I wanted to get something with a little more intensity in...so I ran some stadiums! Not too many. Just enough to make me shaky.


When I got back to my car there was another girl on the grass doing some planks and some stretching. There was also some perv old man walking his dogs and watching her. Yuck. Reason 32, why I'm glad I'm not all hot and stuff. Keeps the pervs away. He left shortly after I got there. Sorry to ruin your fun, dude.

1 comment:

  1. You should join Randy's squeaky wheel club! We'll call y'all Squeaky and Shaky. I love your positive attitude! Way to go stadium girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete